A contemporary full hull model of the HMS ‘Warrior’ (1860), a single-screw, broadside ironclad battleship. In collection of National Maritime Museum, Greenwich.
Paid off in 1883, Warrior wound up hulked at Pembroke Dock as floating oil jetty. Towed to Hartlepool in 1979 for restoration, she finally made her way to Portsmouth in 1987 where she remains as a museum ship to this day.
Tinted lithograph of the three-masted armoured frigate, HMS Warrior (1860) on a starboard tack running through strong waves before a good wind. In collection of National Maritime Museum, Greenwich.