Windy Corner, Jutland, 1916. Oil on canvas by William Henry Bishop. In collection of National Museum of the Royal Navy, Portsmouth.
The crew of the armoured cruiser HMS Minotaur washing their clothes on the deck on the vessel using wooden bucket filled with water and scrubbing brushes. Photo taken c. 1910.
HMS Minotaur was the lead vessel in her class. Built at Devonport Dockyard, her keel was laid in 1905 and she was launched in 1906. Commissioned into the Royal Navy in 1906, Minotaur served as flagship of the China Station before the First World War.
This print is available from the National Museum of the Royal Navy.